Losing a tooth can significantly disturb your quality of life, creating some difficulty in everyday activities like eating and speaking. Although modern dental restorative procedures have resulted in a considerable reduction in the number of teeth extracted each year, many people still have a number of missing natural tooth in their mouth.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a fixture that is inserted into the jaw bone and replaces natural teeth by supporting the prosthesis, such as a crown or removable or fixed denture.
How Do Dental implants Work?
The success and excellent durability of dental implants would depend on their capability to form immediate contact with the encompassing jaw bone. This technique is recognized as osseointegration and means that any prosthesis that is put in the implant remains maintained and stable, in so doing restoring optimal working of the artificial tooth.
Why Are Implants Better Than Other Dental Prosthetics?
Let's take a look why you might prefer them over other tooth replacement options, such as dentures and bridges:
– Enjoy a Beautiful Smile – Loss of a tooth can ruin your smile and facial esthetics.
– Durability – Unlike the dentures and Dental bridges, dental implants are made to last forever.
– Minimal Requirement of Tooth Preparation – Fabrication of teeth bridges, even for the replacing of a single tooth requires reduced amount of the adjacent teeth as well. To get same day dental implants, you can also search online.
– Eat Any Food You Like – Individuals who wear removable or set dentures have to avoid eating hard and sticky foods.
– Improved Dental Hygiene – Maintaining optimum hygiene around Dental bridges can be difficult as the bristles of the clean cannot remove food allergens from beneath them.